Regulator

Please use this topic for technical questions only
Bitte benutze dieses Forum nur für technische Fragen

Regulator

Beitragvon allan1952b » Do 29. Dez 2011, 16:26

Hello ,where can i find the voltage regulator .Is it in the alternator or somewhere else thanks , Allan
allan1952b

Re: Regulator

Beitragvon phade » Fr 30. Dez 2011, 14:13

Hi Allan,

Are you sure that the alternator's voltage regulator is faulty ? Have you tried everything else that I have suggested in your other thread first ?

The reason why I ask is that it takes a few hours to replace it as you will need to remove the alternator to replace the alternator's voltage regulator. The alternator's voltage regulator (item 10 in the pic on the link below) is inside the alternator its self next to the fan.

http://www.1600i.de/1600i-mechanik/lich ... erator.jpg
1973 VW 1300 Beetle
1982 VW 2.0 litre type 2 T3 aircooled hightop camper

1985 Reliant Rialto 2 GLS
1989 Reliant Rialto SE Hatch
1988 Reliant Rialto SE Hatch
phade

Re: Regulator

Beitragvon allan1952b » Di 3. Jan 2012, 12:21

Hello Phil,i had a problem before with the alternator & had it replaced 2 yrs ago .Now this one seems to be behaving the same way .It seems the Brushes are ok But it doesn,t seem to be pushing out enough voltage .On a meter the battery reads around 11v & when i start the engine it doesn't increase the voltage it even drops a bit. Last winter i had the same thing i took it to the mechanic who services the car & he had a meter on it & he said the alternator wasn't working .The all of a sudden he said it's just kicked in you could hear it making a different noise & it started to pump out the volts.Now it seems to have gone to sleep again .I can't see any loose wires & i've replaced the fan belt. Surely the alternator doesn't need replacing again .Iam stuck ,regards Allan
allan1952b

Zurück zu TECHNICS - TECHNIK