1600i ID Plate Behind Spare Tire

Please post here all non-technical themes
Bittet postet hier alle nicht-technischen Themen

1600i ID Plate Behind Spare Tire

Beitragvon hopkin » Fr 15. Mär 2013, 04:45

My '96 1600i has an ID plate (see pic) riveted behind the spare tire, similar to the older (~ '60s era) Beetles. The car was purchased new in Germany in 1997, imported to England in 2002. I purchased the car in England last year and have imported it to Canada. The plate is metal with the characters stamped into the metal.

Even though the language in the plate is German, Manfred has told me that the ID plate was probably not put on the car in Germany (as he has seen a similar plate on a car from England). The ID plate shows the incorrect manufacturing plant ('Volkswagen AG' instead of 'Volkswagen-VW (MEX.)', (ie made in Germany instead of Mexico)), the other details (VIN, weight) are correct. Manfred has sent me a sample of a plate from one of his, it is similar but shows the correct location of the manufacturing plant.

Does anyone else have a similar plate, or know which country (Mexico, Germany or England) may have required the plate be attached. (I know it wasn't put on here in Canada).

Thanks
Paul
Dateianhänge
DSC00991b.JPG
ID Plate Picture
DSC00991b.JPG (353.97 KiB) 4174-mal betrachtet
hopkin

Zurück zu EVERYTHING ELSE - ALLES ANDERE - SONSTIGES